How Do I Take Care of My Skin in Summers
Hi all of you,
Summers do take a toll on our skin with its high temperatures and the scorching sun. We all need to take special care of our skin in summers so that the harmful effects of the sun do not show up on our skin. I usually like to pamper my skin a lot in summers, I go for regular face clean ups and scrubbing sessions, I make it a point to apply a homemade face pack everyday, I make natural face mists and skin serums. I hate summers otherwise but the only part that I like about summers is that I pay special attention to my skin and my skin just loves it. So in today’s post I am going to give out some of my skin care tips for summers which I follow to get a healthy looking and youthful skin. So let’s get started.
– The first thing that I do after getting up is to follow the CTM routine. It begins with cleansing my face with a mild cleanser, these days I am using the Kama Ayurveda Rose Jasmine Face Cleanser. It is a perfect hydrating face wash filled with natural ingredients, which gently and thoroughly clean my skin.
You can buy it from Here.
– After cleansing my face I tone it with the Forest Essentials Facial toner Panchpushp, I spray it all over my face and then wait for 2 minutes to let it air dry and seep into my skin.
You can buy it from HERE.
– After toning my face I use a face serum and apply it on my skin and let my skin absorb it properly. I have been using the Vichy Aqualia Thermal Dynamic Hydrating Serum for a month now and it is a very hydrating formula and it makes my skin very soft and supple. You can buy it from HERE.
– After applying the serum I oil my hair or apply a hair pack first. Then after I am done with my hair care I apply a face pack almost every day. I keep all the ingredients of my face pack in my fridge(I have a small fridge in my room so I keep all my natural skincare stuff in that) at night and the next day in the morning I mix them all and make a smooth paste out to it and apply it to my face and neck. My face pack recipe changes almost every day.
I will be sharing my top 4 face pack recipes and you can choose from the following or you can make your own.
- I mix 1 tbsp of gram flour in 1 tbsp of curd, add a pinch of turmeric powder and 2-3 drops of lemon juice. Mix them all into a smooth paste and apply it with the help of a brush.
- I mix 1 tbsp of sandalwood powder with 2 tbsp of pure rose water and apply it all over my face and neck.
- I take 1 tbsp of orange peel powder, mix in 1 tbsp of orange juice and I tsp of licorice powder. Make a paste and apply it to my face and neck.
- I take mashed papaya paste around and then I add 1 tbsp of fuller’s earth powder to it. Mix them all together and apply it to my face and neck.
– After taking a bath I spray some pure rosewater on my face and then I apply my usual face cream and my sunscreen to my neck and face. I also apply a body lotion which has a sunscreen in it to my hands and legs. You can apply any face cream, body lotion and sunscreen as per your skin type. I have been using the L’Oreal Paris White Perfect Laser Day Cream these days, you can read the review HERE. For sunscreen I am using the Banana Boat Sunscreen Lotion with SPF 50.
You can buy it from HERE.
– Then if I am going out I apply my makeup but if I am not going out I keep it simple and just apply a lip balm with SPF and I am done with my morning skincare routine. I do not apply any makeup product if I am at home. I let my skin breathe and I advice everyone not to load your skin with makeup products if you are not going out anywhere.
– I think no skincare is complete without a good healthy lifestyle. After getting ready I have my breakfast which is a bowl full of sprouts, a good helping of fresh cut fruits and a glass full of coconut water. I try and eat and as much as green leafy vegetables as I can. I eat a lot of salads during the day and I try and include good amount of proteins in my diet. Good eating habits make you skin glow from within and that is what I emphasize the most on. I never compromise on my diet. I have to have at least 10 glasses of water every day and I do not drink canned juices or aerated drinks at all.
These days in summers I have been a lot into detox water, I make a point to drink a full pitcher of detox drink and it makes me feel so energized and it detoxifies my body.
You can prepare your own DETOX drink, have a look at my post on Detox drinks HERE.
– I reapply my sunscreen after every 4 hours.
– I have prepared a green tea and lavender face mist that I keep in my fridge and I keep spraying that on my face all throughout the day to keep my skin hydrated and I swear by it. It really helps to maintain the moisture level of the skin.
– Then at night I use any cleanser to wash off my face with. I wash my face and then I rub an ice cube all over my face. Ice cube tightens the skin and has a whole lot of benefits. You can read my article on the benefits of rubbing an ice cube on your face HERE.
– After that I dip a cotton ball in raw milk and apply it to my face and neck. I keep that on my face for 10 minutes and then I wash it off with tap water.
– Next I grate some cucumber, extract the juice out of it and apply it to all over my face. After that I dip two cotton pads in whatever juice is left and keep it on my eyes for 15 minutes. It is so relaxing, the cucumber juice gives such a soothing effect to my eyes. Now after I remove the eye pads I wash my face with tap water and then I apply my serum, eye cream and night cream. This completes my day and night skincare routine, I keep changing my home care remedies or diy’s according to the items available at home.
– Then twice a week I also scrub my face with a homemade face scrub or with any face scrub that’s available in the market. For my face scrub either I use THIS one or I mix some brown sugar with tomato juice or with some olive oi and honey l and I scrub my face with it to remove any dead skin. The face scrub makes my skin so soft and smooth.
This may seem a lot of stuff but once you start doing all this it hardly takes 10 minutes to prepare everything. I think we all can spare some time out of our busy schedules to take care of our skin. I am into all natural skin care these days and my skin is really showing some great improvements in it. I love my all natural skin care routine. Hope I am able to continue with this and really see an improvement in my skin. Hope you all like my skincare routine and do drop in your comments if you have some natural beauty routine that you swear by.