Homemade Magic Herbal Hair Oil to Get Rid of Hair Fall and Hair Thinning: DIY
Hair loss can give you sleepless nights and can be the biggest nightmare of your life. I love my hair and hair loss is an alarming situation for me. If I see more than 20-30 strands of hair on my hair brush it freaks me out. Last year I was ill and was on antibiotics for 4 months, it seriously took a toll on my hair. I started losing a lot of hair everyday and I could see bald patches on my hair line too. It was that time when I decided to take good care of my hair and prepare some hair oil that would help me to stop hair loss completely and also make my hair thick and bouncy. The one good thing about homemade natural products is that they are very effective and there relatively cheap to prepare. I think homemade herbal hair oil is the best solution for falling and thinning hair and if you are going through such a phase go through this recipe and prepare it as soon as possible, use it for around 2 weeks and you’ll see considerable improvement in the texture of the hair, your hair loss is going to stop completely and it is going to make your hair very thick and healthy.
I wanted to share that I have been working on a hair oil that will be prepared with 20-25 herbs that are extremely beneficial for the hair. I read a lot about the effects of different herbs on the hair, the effect of different ingredients and oils on different hair problems so I made a complete list of some items that are going to benefit each and everyone, whatever may be the reason or cause of the hair fall. If the reason is something internal you have to take proper medication for that but if the hair fall is occurring because of any external factor that hair oil is going to be the one solution for all your hair care problems. I will be preparing that oil very soon, that oil is going to take around 5 to 6 hours to prepare. I will be preparing the oil and I will be distributing it to my family and friends for usage. Basically to all the people who are going through different hair problems and I want to see the effects of that hair oil and I will simultaneously use it myself for 3 months and will share my hair journey with you every month. I will be telling you all how much did my hair grow every month, how has the texture improved and all other different aspects. I am also going to share experiences of my family and friends with that hair oil so please watch out for that series. I will prepare this hair oil after a month, when all the festivals are over and then after using it every month I will put my hair care hair growth journey on my blog so watch out for that.
So today’s hair oil recipe is going to be a very simple recipe but the effect of this hair oil are astonishing. You will see an improvement in your hair within a week of usage and it is going to help with hair fall very very effectively. There are only a few ingredients required to make this oil so collect the ingredients as soon as possible and get down to making this herbal hair oil and solve all your hair care problems.
Suffering from hair loss, hair balding, thinning of the hair, dandruff or hair greying? Then try out this magic homemade hair growth oil, it will control your hair fall in one week, will reduce dandruff, is going to promote fast hair growth and is also going to reduce premature graying of the hair too.
So let’s get started.
- 100 ml of Pure Coconut Oil.
- 100 ml of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- 100 ml of Sesame Oil.
- 100 ml of Mustard Oil.
- 50 ml of Almomd Oil.
- 50 ml of Castor Oil.
- Handful of Indian Gooseberry, if you do not get fresh gooseberry you can take a handful of dry gooseberry too.
- Handful of Curry Leaves.
- 5 Tbsp of Flaxseed Powder.
- 2 Finely Chopped Onion.
Procedure to Prepare this Magical Hair Oil:
- Take a iron pot and put it on the high flame.
- When it becomes hot add the coconut oil, when the coconut oil becomes a bit hot add the olive oil, the sesame oil, the mustard oil, the almond oil and the castor oil.
- Let them all come to boil, turn the flame settings to medium, add the Indian gooseberry and stir it for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Next add in the curry leaves and let them sizzle in the hot oil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Next add in the finely chopped onions, keep stiring the oil till the onion turns to a golden colour.
- After that add the flaxseed powder to the oil mix and turn the gas to the lowest settings.
- Let it infuse in the oils for 10 to 15 minutes on lowest heat settings.
- After 15 minutes turn off the gas and cover the oil and let all the ingredients infuse in the oil overnight.
- Next morning strain the oil in a glass bottle and discard whatever is left on the strainer.
- Keep the oil in a dark place for 2 days and after 2 days your oil is ready to be used.
How to Use This Magical Hair Oil:
- Detangle your hair and part your hair in sections.
- Take a cotton ball, dip it into the oil mix and start applying it to your scalp.
- Cover your entire scalp with the oil and whatever is left you can apply it on your hair length.
- After you have applied the oil start massaging your scalp with very light pressure. Use your fingers tips to massage the oil into your scalp.
- Remember not to apply too much pressure as a hair massage should soothe and calm the senses and applying too much pressure is not advisable during a head massage.
- After the massage de-tangle your hair with a wide tooth comb and braid your hair.
- You can leave this oil on your scalp from anywhere between 3 hours to overnight. I personally like to keep the oil overnight as it gives the oil enough time to seep into the scalp and work much more effectively.
- If you do not want to keep it overnight, keep this oil on your scalp for at least 3 hours because keeping it any less than 3 hours won’t solve the purpose.
- After I get up in the morning I give a hot towel treatment to my scalp and that helps the follicles of the hair to open up and also helps the oil to penetrate deep into the roots of the hair which makes the hair follicle strong and also promotes hair growth.
- Hot towel treatment is a necessity after this hair oil massage as it is very important to open the follicles of the hair so that the oil penetrate into the shaft and the roots and promote hair growth and healthy hair too.
- After keeping the towel on your hair for 15 minutes wash off with any sulfate and paraben free shampoo.
- You do not need to use a conditioner after this hair oil massage because the oil mix is nourishing enough and it makes the hair very soft and smooth.
Benefits of Using this Hair Oil:
Coconut Oil is mainly comprised of smaller medium-chain fatty acids, the coconut oil penetrates hair more deeply and faster than all other oils. Coconut oil is rich in antioxidants, has antiviral, antifungal and antibacterial properties. When used continuously it improves scalp condition, fights infection and fungus, supports hair growth, while adding volume and shine. Coconut Oil is rich in carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals which are good for the human body. It also works at it as a great carrier oil as it penetrates deep into the scalp much more faster than all other oils. Coconut oil has been used as a treatment for hair for thousands of years . It has antimicrobial properties and fatty acid which can help to eliminate dandruff from the scalp and also helps to retain moisture in the scalp. Vitamin E content of coconut oil is very beneficial to your scalp, the lauric acid protects the hair since it has a high affinity for the protein in the hair and can penetrate the hair shaft. Coconut oil is also rich in capric acid which together with the lauric acid helps in preventing hair loss.
Olive oil contains antioxidants that make your hair soft and healthy. Usage of olive oil reduces the damage caused by the over usage of chemical based hair care and hair styling tools. It also acts as a natural conditioner that nourishes and moisturizes your scalp. It not only heals the dry and flaky scalp but also makes the hair look soft and shiny. It penetrates deep into the hair shafts and moisturizes and nourishes it to get healthy hair. It also contains anti-bacterial and anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties that fight against the scalp and other hair problems.
Sesame oil is highly nutritious and lubricating in nature. It is enriched with essential vitamins like E, B complex, D and minerals like calcium, phosphorus and some proteins that help in strengthening of hair. Sesame oil is filled with ingredients that are capable of providing a nice and silky texture to your hair. It is also rich in Vitamin E, D and B. Regular use of sesame oil makes hair so healthy and thick.
Ancient people from Rome, Greece and from India used to massage their hair with mustard oil so it is believed that we can use mustard oil for healthy growth. It contains huge amounts of zinc and selenium and lacking in these two nutrients our hair begins to fall, so to fight hair loss we should all massage our scalp with mustard oil and also use it in our food. Mustard Oil is loaded with Vitamins and Minerals such as Zinc, Selenium, and Beta Carotene. Beta Carotene converts to Vitamin A, which is excellent in stimulating hair growth. Mustard Oil is rich in a lot of fatty acids, iron, calcium, and magnesium.
Almond Oil contains all kinds of healthy ingredients for hair like Omega-3 fatty acids, phospholipids, Vitamin E and magnesium. Using almond oil nourishes and strengthens your hair and is considered one of the best oils for treating hair loss and damaged hair. Almond Oil adds silkiness and shine to the hair and also nourish the scalp. Use almond oil regularly for long and healthy hair.
Castor oil is a bit thick in consistency so you need to mix it in another oil to make it easy to apply. I have used castor oil in many hair care remedies and it is such a wonder oil which helps to make the hair thick and also control the hair fall. Castor Oil has natural antibacterial and antifungal properties and is rich in Vitamin E, minerals, protein, Omega 6 and 9 beneficial fatty acids. It is unusually high in Ricinoleic acid makes it very beneficial for hair. Castor oil can be used on the scalp to prevent hair loss and its antibacterial and antifungal properties make it beneficial for treating dandruff and scalp infections. Its Ricinoleic Acid content help increase blood circulation to the scalp and improves hair growth. Ricinoleic Acid is also said to help balance scalp’s PH which can also help replenish the scalp’s natural oil and some of the damage of chemical hair products. The antioxidants in Castor oil also supports Keratin in the hair and help make the hair stronger, smoother and less frizzy. It is one of the most effective home remedies for dry scalp, hair thinning, split ends and hair loss. Being rich in proteins, minerals and Vitamin E Castor Oil works as a magic potion for your hair.
Indian Gooseberry or Amla:
It is also known as wonder berry, it is one of the most nourishing herb for your hair. Amla is a rich source of Vitamin C, there are a lot of nutrients present in amla. It contains a lot of antioxidants like embalicanin A and B, phyllantine, gallic acid, ellagic acid etc. It also contains a high level of minerals, amino acids, as well as strong immunity boosting properties. Amla is an excellent hair tonic for your hair, it acts as a natural conditioner, minimizes hair loss and with continuous use it also reverses grey hair to its original colour. It also makes hair healthy and strong.
Medicinal value of curry leaves have been known to people since centuries. Curry leaves are said to stimulate hair growth and is a great remedy for all hair related problems. Curry leaves constitutes combination of essential nutrients required for the growth of hair. They are rich in antioxidants and amino acid which are capable of reducing hair fall and stimulate hair growth, they also help in preventing the hair stands from thinning and strengthens the hair follicle. Curry leaves are rich source of Beta carotene and proteins. Beta carotene limits hair loss while presence of proteins prevent hair thinning. Curry leaves can be used as a great stimulant for hair growth due to the ingredients present in curry leaves. Curry leaves contain Iron, Calcium, Vitamin C, Phosphorus, Proteins, Carbohydrates and fibers. Curry leaves is a miracle herb for curing a ton of hair related problems. It prevents premature graying of the hair, stimulate hair growth, repair damaged roots, reduces hair fall rejuvenate hair follicles and strengthens the hair. Curry leaves help the hair follicle by helping in the scalp restoration process.
Onion juice is rich in sulphur that accelerates the production of collagen in the tissues that eventually help in the regrowth of the hair. It is one of the most effective home remedy for hair growth. Onion is very rich in sulfur-containing compounds that are responsible for its pungent odour and health-promoting properties. We must remember polyphenols are one of the largest categories of phyto nutrients in food and the highest content of it is found in onions. A wide variety of sulfides are found in onion which aids in hair growth. Methyl sulfonyl methane is a highly absorbable source of sulfur, found abundantly in onions especially in its outer layers. It facilitates the formation of keratin for hair, resulting in hair growth. It also helps a great deal in treating hair conditions of hair loss like Alopecia.
The anti-inflammatory properties of flaxseed are actually going to promote a healthy environment for hair growth. Flaxseedl is a rich source of essential fatty acids and alpha-linolenic acid or ALA. Flaxseed contains both omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids which are both needed for healthy hair and skin. People who lack in those necessary essential fatty acids may experience dry, brittle hair. Omega 3 fats nourish the hair follicles and encourage growth. They also prevent inflammation, helping to get rid of hair loss, dandruff, and other hair and scalp related problems.
I have been using this hair oil for almost a year now and I have seen great improvement in my scalp condition and in the growth rate of my hair. I must say this hair oil has stopped my hair fall and it has definitely made my oil very soft and shiny. Do try this oil and I can assure you that you will love the results. Do try it out and share your experiences with me.